Tuesday, August 23, 2011

First Post!!

Hello! I decided to start a blog because I will soon become a vegetarian. I have looked through the internet for a place where I can get an idea of the obstacles and challenges one faces when becoming a vegetarian and I have found none. So I decided to start a blog of my own experiences and maybe I can help others (that's if anyone actually subscribes and reads this haha).

The main reason why I decided to become a vegetarian is because my fiance was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes about a month ago. He is 26 years old, not over weight and diabetes doesn't run in his family. In other words he's the least likely person to have it, but he does (or so the doctor thinks... we're not 100% sure). Either way this was a huge wake up call for the both of us. We began to research healthy diets and eating habits. A friend of ours took a class in medical school about the china study. He's always been a thin and fit person but had cholestorel and high blood pressure issues because of his horrible eating habits. After he took the class he decided to give up meat and any animal products. He is currently in the best shape of his life (both physically and internally). After hearing his story we were curious to see what this china study was all about. For anyone that's never heard of this and is having health issues (or those of you who have horrible eating habits) I highly suggest that you read this book.


I must say though as of right now I haven't finished the book, but that is the point of this blog. I want to be able to share ALL of my experiences. My transformation from a chubby meat eater to a lean, fit and healthy vegetarian! The plan as of right now is eat my favorite foods (ex. hamburgers, pepperoni pizza, anything with chicken, etc.). I haven't decided when my official first day of vegetarianism is, but I will blog as soon as I decide. Wish me luck!


On a side note: Tonight I'm going to dinner to a vegetarian restaurant. I'm trying to see what it's like to go out to eat as a vegetarian. I think its going to be a whole new experience. There are very few in my city, but I hear that it is pretty good. We'll see!

No comments:

Post a Comment